Microsoft has released the latest for their Extensions of their Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 for Visual Studio 2008 .
This release has seen alot of work going into it where the team went to talk to the community to find out what they liked and what they did not like in the current(before this release) extensions. You can read more onPaul Andrew’s blog, who is the Technical Product Manager for the Sharepoint Developer Platform at Microsoft.
Some of the new feature that we will be seeing in this release are :
- Probably my favourite, The user Guide is now installed with the extensions, and you don’t have to go download it separately.
- Deployment step logging is now included.
- Ancillary asseblies for example for business logic can now be added to the Sharepoint Solution WSP.
- New project item template for Sharepoint RootFiles items
- Command line build, package and retract commands are included enabling continuous integration and build servers.
and a nice tutorial for getting started can be found on Kirk Evans Blog as well.